Hi, my name is Anna Fornal. Thank you for visiting my web page!
I provide Hatha Yoga classes, Reflexology and Massage Therapies around Grantham, Bourne and Sleaford area.
Through yoga and my therapies, I hope to integrate positive and healthy habits so that you are better equipped to deal with everyday stresses and strains of modern life.
By uniting the movement of the body with the breath, yoga helps to quiet the mind.
When the mind is quieter, in time, we experience peacefulness and a connection.
We begin to listen. We become more aware and we find a place in the present moment. Eventually, we develop an evenness of mind that lasts beyond our time on the mat.
I aim to create safe and accessible Hatha Yoga classes to all in a friendly and relaxed environment! All abilities welcome- from the curious beginner to the advanced yogi!
During my classes, you will be encouraged to explore what’s possible for you! As a yoga teacher and massage therapist, I have a passion for body alignment and anatomy to help students work with tension or pain and keep them safe in their practice.
My physical practice (asana) is slow flowing and alignment focused, where movement is linked through the breath to allow the body to release tension and relax. Positions are held to build overall body strength, stamina and freedom in the body.
I will make small adjustments and modification throughout the practice to suit the needs of each student as I believe that there is no one size fits all in yoga practice. Expect to experience more than just the asana (physical practice)!
I will encourage you to be kind to yourself & to your body, to observe and listen…. to reconnect and find a place in the present moment.
There will be opportunities for self-discovery & some important YOU time, (whatever that might mean to you).
There is often a focus on self-love, gratitude & mindfulness through gentle visualisation & relaxation techniques.
Remember, there is no EGO in Yoga. There is no competitive element! It is YOUR practice and you work within your own limitation (whatever they may be: physical or mental)!
I hope you will feel at ease, well stretched, revitalised, but most importantly, fulfilled & present in mind & body.
I provide adult Hatha Yoga classes in and around the Sleaford, Grantham, Bourne area of Lincolnshire.
All my classes are 90 minutes long.
Booking is essential so please contact me before attending to any of my classes: or 07716000304.
Prices are £8 PAYG and £6 in block booking. Due to limited spaces in some of my venues I ask for block booking to secure space.
I usually run 10-week courses (10 weeks x £6 = £60)
If there are places, you can join any course mid-term and just pay for the remaining sessions.
If you have work commitments, long holidays booked or any personal difficulties that may stop you attending on a regular basis, I do accept PAYG at £8 per session. Please speak to me about this.
PLEASE NOTE: If you cannot make a session you are welcome to attend any other session within that same week- please contact me for availability. I do not give credits or pass sessions over onto the following week. I do not give refunds if you no longer wish to attend a course.
When you work with me one-on-one, it gives me the opportunity to offer you a bespoke programme. I can take the time to understand you and your body and lead you through a practice that is designed specifically to meet your needs and to ensure you receive maximum attention and tuition.
Every person is different, some want to focus purely on the yoga postures, some meditation and relaxation, some mindfulness and some people want all of those. People choose private sessions for many reasons; some are new to yoga and feel that they would like to have private sessions before going to a weekly local class.
Others may have specific physical, mental or emotional challenges or specific health issues, some are sports people who want to help prevent injury or heal an injury. Some individuals want a strong physical practice where others might prefer a gentle restorative practice with meditation and relaxation.
Yoga recognises that we are all different and unique.
Prices start at £40 per hour. We can practice in the comfort of your own home or I can find a suitable venue (additional costs will apply). Private group classes for more than 2 people can be arranged.
There may be an additional charge for travel depending on distance and travel time.
Tips For Your First YOGA Class
This may be your first yoga class or you may be returning to yoga? That's great news and I am excited to have you joining my friendly class! I love yoga and the benefits (both physical and mental) that come with practising yoga and I am excited to share this with you.
However, you may be uncertain as to what to expect from the class which is natural of course when trying anything new!
So here is some useful information for your first class that will hopefully put your mind at ease:
What do I wear?
• Wear loose, comfortable clothing (generally not restricting movements).
•During the physical part of the practice, you will have to take your socks off. This is for the safety reasons (socks on yoga mats can be slippy!) but it will also allow you to feel more grounded during the practice by having our feet in contact with the mat.
What do I bring to class?
• All you need to bring is yourself! If you have a yoga mat then bring that along too, but if you need a mat I have some spare ones. However, for hygiene reasons it would be advisable to invest in one.
• For comfort you might want to bring something warm to wear and/or a blanket for the relaxation part of the practice but these are not essential. Although the room will be comfortably warm you may find that you feel cool as you relax as the breathing and heart rate become slower. Also, you might want to bring a cushion to sit on for the breathing practice but again this is not essential.
(Tip: a rolled-up blanket is also perfect for kneeling to protect the knees).
• Bring a bottle of water if you would like in case you get thirsty.
• Towel, yoga strap or any other props you may have. I have some spare blocks, bricks and straps if needed !
Can I eat before class?
• It is okay to have a small snack 15-20 minutes before class but it is not recommended to eat a large meal up to 2 hours before doing yoga (perhaps no full English breakfast before class!).
What do I do during a yoga class?
• My typical class will incorporate a short period of breathing practice to settle the mind and prepare our mind, body and breath for the physical posture work.
• We will then move onto warming and mobilisation postures before moving onto stronger postures. Everyone will be included because I explain and demonstrate how each posture can be modified to benefit any student regardless of ability, experience, shape or size. A modified version or variation of a posture has exactly the same benefits as full expressions of the postures.
• Often there will be a theme to the class, and/or or one or two peak postures/ or short sequence of postures which we work towards during the class.
• The physical posture work will be followed by relaxation. There are many different relaxation techniques that can be used. Guided relaxation is an excellent method of helping us manage stress and calm the body and mind.
If you have any more questions about what to expect from your first class please get in touch.
I look forward to welcoming you
to my class!